Thursday, January 2, 2014

All I want for Christmas...


Maya having her Christmas cookie

We arrived in Odessa in time to do a little Christmas baking, last minute shopping and for me to come down with hives.  Yikes!  It’s official.  I am allergic to Christmas.  My face, hands and lower legs were about the only thing spared, the rest of me looked like a strawberry.  And let’s not talk about how bad it itched.  But Santa sent a cure and by Christmas Eve I was all better.  What a relief!  That was my Christmas present.

I wasn’t the only person with ailments.  Both my parents were sick with colds and feeling terrible the day we got to Odessa.  With some rest and a little chicken soup they too recovered before Christmas.  And none of the rest of us caught their colds.
 
A wonderful Christmas Dinner!
 
My brother and sister-in-law, Tim and Linda, had all the Christmas festivities at their house this year which was such a fantastic thing.  David and I helped some with the cooking, but they did all the hard stuff.  Linda’s aunt, Ramona, was a huge help in the kitchen.  The food was amazing – turkey, two kinds of dressing, two kinds of green beans, asparagus, sweet potatoes, cranberry-orange salad, homemade bread, and three homemade desserts - pecan pie, buttermilk chess pie and German chocolate cake.  Needless to say we were all stuffed.

The aftermath...
 
The next day we took down the lights, the tree and all the Christmas decorations at my mom and dad’s house and finished most of the leftovers.  Then with my parents all well and tucked in under their new heated throws that David and I gave them for Christmas, we took off for the Big Bend Country to ring in the New Year.   

No comments:

Post a Comment