Friday, April 12, 2013

East Texas and Dogwoods




We are almost ready to head to the eastern states and leave Texas behind for the next 7 months!  I can’t believe how fast the winter went by and now here we are at Caddo Lake State Park enjoying an almost too warm spring day.
 
 

David says spring is here and it’s time to get started on our journey.  I’m hoping his spirit of adventure will inspire me because after our humid, sweaty walk this morning through a forest of pine with a mostly solid poison ivy ground cover, scratching my chigger bites and picking ticks off of Maya - I’m thinking I’ve had enough of the ‘east’ already…  But it is so green and beautiful and the dogwoods are in magnificent full bloom.
 
Caddo Lake Saw Mill Pond





‘So, you think you can tell
Heaven from hell
Blue skies from rain…’
 
Pink Floyd got it right I think.  The good and bad are all mixed together and it is just pretty hard to tell the difference until you have experienced it.  So, there is nothing left to do but go for it.  Goodbye Texas, see you this fall…




Poison Ivy
 
 
As far as the eye can see...
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment